AMOC Badge
AMOC Lineup

Home| News & Events| AMOC UK| AMOC WW| Membership| Forum| Social| Concours| Racing| Cars For Sale| Links & Services| Shop|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 11:57:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

News: AMOC Calendar 2014
Search:     Advanced search

* Forum Help Search Calendar Classifieds Advertise Login Register

Share Your Passion
JOIN THE AMOC
Apply Securely Online
Your invitation to join us

If you're already a member of the AMOC, click here to stop seeing these ads.
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 18 |   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Centenary Concours 2013  (Read 15415 times)
Tim Ludbrook
AMOC Member

Pilchards 88

View Gallery

Area 00 Rep

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2013, 12:51:46 am »

The hire of the venue. There is some thing that says it cannot be a commercial event so AML cannot have a new car display and  have smartly dressed sales people flogging cars.  

Shocked Shocked Shocked

This sounds like the first really good bit of news that I've heard about this event. Huh

Do please tell us more, Tim C (or anyone else involved in the planning side). What, precisely, will be the nature and degree of the AML presence on the day? Personally, beyond the nonsensical 'calculation' that turned 93 years into 100 in order to sell a few more cars this year, the other regrettable aspect of the 'celebration' as advertised was the prospect of an AMOC/AMHT members' event being turned into a full-blown AML marketing circus.
Share Your Passion
JOIN THE AMOC
Apply Securely Online

Mark Donoghue
AMOC Member

Pilchards 74

View Gallery

Chief Judge Concours d'Etat

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2013, 01:48:41 am »

I have been observing the comments over the last few weeks regarding the Centennial Celebration in Kensington Palace and Gardens and I am now pleased to read some positive words.

The Centennial Celebration on the 21st July is a joint event between the AMOC, AMHT, AML Ltd which I am honoured to Chair on behalf of the Club.

As you are aware, this year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of Bamford and Martin, the company that was ultimately to become the company we know today.

Here is an update of the progress we have made to date:

• The event will officially be known as the Centennial Celebration.
  • 100 Aston Martins, each representing a chapter in the Company’s history, will be invited to display on the complete length of the Broadwalk in chronological order.
  • Many of these cars are from overseas collections and have never been seen in public.
  • 25 Le Mans cars and the ‘Bond Aston Martins’ will be display on the lawns in front of the Palace, in Pebble Beach style layout.
  • This area will be cordoned off from the general public and allow AMOC members a place to meet up. This will give members an opportunity to be up-close and personal with these cars and enjoy a complimentary glass of Taittinger Champagne.
  • There will be parking for 400 Aston Martins in Perks Field at £75 per car, regardless of occupants. Any AMOC member not parking in Perks Field, may attend at no cost, including entry into the Le Mans enclosure. I suspect that parking in Perks Field will be an instant sell out and suggest registering your interest at HQ immediately.
  • Further details of entry procedures will be announced in the coming month
  • We have decided to drop the original title of Centenary Concours, as we thought it may deter some of the invited 100 car display owners to attend. There will be no Concours style judging of the 100 cars, but a small panel of celebrities will select their favorite car in the line-up.
  • The party the evening before the Centennial Celebration will be organised by AML Ltd and further details will follow.

I hope the above is of some assistance in answering some of the questions that have been raised recently. This will be a one-off spectacular event. If you’re not really passionate about Aston Martin, you’ll stay at home, whinge about the cost of parking and forever regret not being there.
12 P0T
AMOC Member

Pilchards 34

View Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:41 am »

It is evident that a great deal of effort and thought has been put into the planning of this event.  The location is one that will provide a spectacular back drop for the "Centenary Celebration" of this iconic British brand.  I suspect that when word spreads about this event there will be very considerable public interest and, that weather permitting, a great many people will travel to central London to see what promises to be a mouth watering display of Aston Martins and one that is unlikely to be repeated for a generation, or two. Can't wait!
tony-hall-40
AMOC Member

Pilchards 52

View Gallery

only went and done it..!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2013, 07:12:42 am »

can i park in perk field in my range rover and pay nothing?.....on another note..are all of those Guests with their bond cars etc....be paying the £100.00..? if not...why should the members be asked to cough up....the event i'm sure is going to be great...just the costs are too high and expecting members to pay for it at those levels is not justified....i already suspect the 100 has already been chosen , if not damn well near , and the party?...do we all get a chance of going or is it invite only to special guests who are displaying their cars at the members expense?
Wedgie
AMOC Member

Pilchards 34

View Gallery

Feel the Wedge!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2013, 07:51:21 am »

Sounds great Mark.

Grin
Rikki Cann
AMOC Member

Pilchards 22

View Gallery

Piston symphony

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2013, 08:04:36 am »

Welldone Mark and everyone involved in making this happen, It will be an amazing day along with something to tell the grand kids about  Wink
Russell
AMOC Member

Pilchards 416

View Gallery

24 hrs a day, 24 beers a case. Coincidence ? not.

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2013, 08:37:46 am »

who do we contact at HQ for the parking ? any email ? it might well be lost in these 13 pages
Tim Ludbrook
AMOC Member

Pilchards 88

View Gallery

Area 00 Rep

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2013, 09:06:19 am »

The Centennial Celebration on the 21st July is a joint event between the AMOC, AMHT, AML Ltd which I am honoured to Chair on behalf of the Club.

As you are aware, this year we are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of Bamford and Martin, the company that was ultimately to become the company we know today.

• Many of these cars are from overseas collections and have never been seen in public.
    This will be a one-off spectacular event. If you’re not really passionate about Aston Martin, you’ll stay at home, whinge about the cost of parking and forever regret not being there.
Smiley

It is a pleasure - at long last - to be able to say something positive about this event, Mark. Wink

I have congratulated you before on your efforts and am very happy to repeat the praise. This event must have been a real headache to 'chair' (the phrase 'herding cats' comes to mind, just for openers).

My own severe reservations about all these 'celebrations' have been based very firmly on the ludicrous stance of AMHT on the subject from their inception. I am delighted to note that you flag up very firmly what this event is actually celebrating, rather than the bogus tosh that was handed down to us in such imperious fashion by AMHT representatives and certain others in the 'My bottom' thread all those months ago.

Thankfully, we appear to have got finally to somewhere close to where we should have been in the first place. There have been some small 'up sides' to all the blood-letting, I suppose, and I would point to the failure of one man to win the AMOC Chairmanship as an example. Wink But, how nice it would have been if matters could have been otherwise.

Just to return to your most recent post, may I ask you, please, to answer the discrete question I posed last night, re the precise involvement of AML at the daytime event.

Again, well done re your efforts.
John B
AMOC Member

Pilchards 4

View Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2013, 10:47:58 am »

I would like to add my congratulations and thanks to Mark and the team for organising what will certainly be a "Grand Day Out" (not in monetary terms!!)
I am already making plans to ensure my steed is in tip top shape for the event.
Really looking forward to it. Smiley
weeksp
AMOC Member

Pilchards 3

View Gallery

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2013, 11:49:27 am »

who do we contact at HQ for the parking ? any email ? it might well be lost in these 13 pages

Russell - if you go into the concours detail on the home page for the 21st July there is a direct link for you to mail Anne Wright regardingthe parking.
Pages: 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 18 |   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Advertise Here
Share Your Passion
JOIN THE AMOC
Apply Securely Online

If you're already a member of the AMOC, click here to stop seeing these ads.